Sweet Potato Salad with Dried Cranberries
- 1 very large or 2 small sweet potatoes (about 1 1⁄2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
|Calories from Fat||60|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the sweet potato pieces on the baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Evenly distribute the sweet potato pieces on the baking sheet. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until tender and slightly charred, stirring the potatoes every 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard. Slowly whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil to incorporate (or put into a jar and shake well).
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries, onion, parsley, and celery. Add the sweet potatoes and stir gently to combine. Drizzle the dressing over the salad to lightly coat and stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
In addition to providing fiber and potassium, sweet potatoes are a vitamin A powerhouse.