Roasted Red Grapes with Rosemary with Chevre or Feta
Hands-on Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
If you haven’t ever tried roasting grapes, you are in for a treat! The sweetness is intensified and also take on a savory quality and this makes a simple and delicious ‘chutney’ to serve with your favorite cheese.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup red grapes
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. fresh rosemary leaves, minced, plus more sprigs for garnish.
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 6 oz. Chevre or Feta cheese
- 1 package Rainforest Crisp Crackers, (or some comparable whole grain/seed cracker)
Calories from Fat
9g (14% DV)
3.5g (18% DV)
20mg (7% DV)
410mg (17% DV)
18g (6% DV)
2g (8% DV)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Spread olive oil in a small baking dish and add grapes, red onion, vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper. Roast, uncovered for 25-30 minutes, stirring half-way through the roasting time.
- Remove the grapes from the oven and allow to cool. They will have expanded while cooking, but will wrinkle slightly as they cool. Cool to room temperature.
- Spread chevre, if using, over a serving platter about ½” thick and spoon the roasted grapes over the bed of chevre. Garnish with rosemary sprig. Serve with crackers.
- Refrigerate leftovers.