Roasted Pineapple with Toasted Coconut
- 1 peeled and cored pineapple, cut into eight (1⁄2-inch) rounds
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened or sweetened coconut, toasted
|Calories from Fat||15|
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place the pineapple slices on top.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Sprinkle on top of the pineapple. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the yogurt and honey and stir until smooth. In individual bowls, place two slices of pineapple, top with a dollop of yogurt, and sprinkle with coconut.
Nonfat Greek yogurt provides twice the protein and has almost 50 percent less sugar, carbs, and sodium than regular nonfat yogurt.