Roasted Pineapple with Toasted Coconut
Roasting fruit intensifies its natural sweetness. Luckily for most of us, sweet fresh pineapple is available almost year-round, and a sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar easily takes it from a snack to dessert.
Here, the pineapple is paired with creamy Greek yogurt mixed with a little honey, but you can also serve it with flavored yogurt, frozen vanilla yogurt, or sorbet.
Toast the coconut in the oven or toaster oven at 350 degrees, stirring frequently and watching carefully to prevent burning.
- 1 peeled and cored pineapple, cut into eight (1⁄2-inch) rounds
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened or sweetened coconut, toasted
Calories from Fat
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place the pineapple slices on top.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Sprinkle on top of the pineapple. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the yogurt and honey and stir until smooth. In individual bowls, place two slices of pineapple, top with a dollop of yogurt, and sprinkle with coconut.
Discount code for 15% off: ACS15
Excerpted from The American Cancer Society New Healthy Eating Cookbook, Fourth Edition. Copyright ©2016 American Cancer Society. cancer.org/bookstore