Roasted Beet and Yogurt Salad
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 small-medium beets, about 1½ lbs. washed and trimmed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger root, grated
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups salad greens, such as baby spinach, baby kale or arugula
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- Mint sprigs for garnish
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||4.5g (7% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||1g (5% DV)|
|Cholesterol||< 5mg (1% DV)|
|Sodium||240mg (10% DV)|
|Carbohydrates||22g (7% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||5g (20% DV)|
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut green tops off beets if they have them, or cut flat the end which had the tops. Spread olive oil in a medium baking dish. Arrange beets, cut side down in the oiled pan and cover with a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Roast beets for 50-60 minutes until they are tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Remove beets from the oven and remove foil and allow to cool until they are cool enough to handle.
- When the beets have cooled, remove the skin by rubbing it off with your fingers or with a sharp knife. Cut the beets into 1” cubes and place in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the yoghurt, garlic, ginger and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange salad greens on 4 plates and divide the beet salad over the bed of greens. Sprinkle each salad with chopped fresh mint and garnish with a sprig of mint if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.