Pumpkin-Ginger Mini Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1/4 cup currants, golden raisins, or brown raisins
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat two mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray or fill with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Add the currants and crystallized ginger and stir gently to coat.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg. Add the butter, water, and pumpkin and stir to combine. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and gently stir to incorporate. Spoon the batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the tops just bounce back when touched. Leave in the tins for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
For stronger flavor, increase the amounts of the ground spices.
Use leftover pumpkin in Pumpkin Custard or the Pumpkin Shake.
To make regular-sized muffins, add 5 to 10 minutes to the baking time. This recipe makes about a dozen regular sized muffins.