Oat and Buckwheat Breakfast Bowls
- ¼ cup whole grain buckwheat
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup non-dairy plant protein milk
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. cacao nibs
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. pomegranate arils
- 2 Tbsp. no sugar added sunflower butter
|Calories from Fat||150|
|Total Fat||18g (28% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||4.5g (22% DV)|
|Cholesterol||0mg (0% DV)|
|Sodium||85mg (4% DV)|
|Carbohydrates||57g (19% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||8g (32% DV)|
- In a medium bowl, combine the buckwheat and water. Stir, then place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rolled oats, chia seeds, and plant protein milk. Stir, then place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the buckwheat from the refrigerator and place in a fine mesh strainer, then rinse with water.
- Remove the oat mixture from the refrigerator and add the strained buckwheat groats to the oat mixture.
- Stir in the mashed banana and divide into two bowls. Top evenly with cacao nibs, sliced strawberries, pomegranate arils, and sunflower butter.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.