Egg, Pesto, And Sun-Dried Tomato Wrap
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, patted dry
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pesto
- 1 (5- to 6-inch) whole wheat, flour, or corn tortilla
- 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese
|Calories from Fat||110|
- In an 8- or 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium- high heat, add the oil. Sauté the spinach for 1 to 2 minutes, or until completely wilted. Transfer to a cutting board, add the sun-dried tomatoes, and coarsely chop.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, add the egg whites and cook without stirring for 30 to 45 seconds, or until the eggs are set on the bottom. Using a spatula, lift the edges of the egg whites toward the center of the skillet and gently tilt the pan so the uncooked eggs run underneath the bottom until the eggs are cooked through. Top half of the egg whites with the spinach mixture and fold over the other half, pressing to seal. Transfer to a plate.
- Spread the pesto on the tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Place the tortilla, cheese side up, in the skillet and cook for 30 seconds, or until the cheese begins to melt. Place the egg on half of the tortilla (folding it to fit if necessary), fold the tortilla over it to eat like a taco, and cook for 20 to 30 seconds.
You can skip the tortilla and have this as an egg white omelet if you prefer: just spread the pesto and cheese on half of the omelet before folding.