Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad
- 2 cups corn
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
|Calories from Fat||90|
- In a bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, onion, and jalapeño.
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, and cumin (or put into a jar and shake well). Drizzle the dressing over the salad to lightly coat and stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add avocado and cilantro and stir gently to combine.
A good way to control “flying kernels” when cutting corn off the cob is to place the ear in a bowl with the flat end on an overturned small ramekin or glass. Cut downward carefully. The bowl will rein in any errant pieces.