Kroger is helping local people get involved. Find out what’s happening, where events are taking place, and where your donations are going.
Can’t find an Event Near You?
Fun and easy ways to raise money for the fight against breast cancer
Through its Sharing Courage program, The Kroger Company has donated millions of dollars for breast cancer research, treatments, and education. Wouldn’t it be great to join in the battle against this devastating disease? Consider organizing a fundraiser—it’s easier than you might think, and it’s a great way to do something by raising money, awareness, and hope.
Here are some ideas for fundraisers you can organize. Rally friends and family, neighbors and co-workers, and local businesses for their participation, and your fundraiser will be that much more successful!
- Car wash—ask a school, church, or local business for use of their parking lot. All you need are some buckets, rags, a water sources, and some people willing to get their feet wet—literally.
- Silent auction – Solicit local shops (or generous friends) to donate goods or services to be auctioned off. Big-ticket items usually get equally big bids.
- Organize a local fun run/5k. Charge a small entry fee as a donation.
- Partner with a restaurant to host a meal with all or part of the proceeds being donated to breast cancer.
- Start a fundraiser on social media—Facebook’s “Donate Now” tool makes it easy.
- Organize a polar bear plunge or other “dare”-type challenge.
- Volunteer to do holiday gift-wrapping at a local mall.
- Ask your employer about a Wear Jeans Day fundraiser—for instance, a $20 donation gets employees five days when they can wear jeans to work.
- Add your voice and your muscles to one of the many American Cancer Society Making Strides walks around the country. Kroger is a longtime sponsor of these walks.
Whether you raise tens, hundreds, or thousands of dollars, your fundraising efforts will help us get one step closer to a cure for breast cancer.